Art–Zoo inspires curiosity, creativity and empathy through art and play. It is an imaginative world on the other side of the rainbow, and is filled with colourful animals and plants including extinct, endangered, and mythical creatures. The Art-Zoo world is an adventure to be embarked on by children of all ages.
Fond memories of visits to the zoo, children’s shows, and playtimes at animal-themed playgrounds in Singapore’s public housing estates inform the world of Art-Zoo. Using simple shapes and iconic patterns, these childhood fascinations are realised in the form of animal and plant silhouettes that represent the letters of the alphabet.
The Rainbow appears wherever Art–Zoo goes, and represents our aim of creating magical moments through our projects. The Art–Zoo world can be reached by crossing over to the other side of the Rainbow. May the Rainbow be with you!
• Cultural & Creative Award 2021: Best Culture & Creative Award of the Year
• ADC Awards 2019: Merit for Spatial Design
• Golden Pin Design Award 2018
• Creative Circle Awards 2018: Silver for Environment and Experience Design
• Creative Circle Awards 2017: Best of Show & Gold for Exhibition Design
• Golden Pin Design Award 2017
• Marketing Event Awards 2017: Gold for Best Event – PR/Guerilla Marketing Stunt
Art-Zoo Inflatable Park
Art-Zoo Inflatable Park is the largest animal- and art-themed inflatable playground in the world. It is a multi-sensory experience that brings to life the imaginative landscapes of Art-Zoo, inviting visitors of all ages to bounce along with its inhabitants. Since its launch in Singapore in 2017, nine editions of Art-Zoo Inflatable Park have been presented across four countries.
• China: Beijing, Zhengzhou, Shenzhen & Xiamen
• Taiwan: Kaohsiung
• United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi
The original concept and characters of Art-Zoo are created by Singaporean artist, designer and curator Jackson Tan, and designed together with the team at his creative studio BLACK.
Jackson Tan is a Singaporean artist, designer and curator. He is the creative director of BLACK, a multi-disciplinary creative agency and founding partner of PHUNK, a contemporary art collective. Notable projects include the brand concept and identity of SG50, to celebrate Singapore’s golden jubilee and CREATIVE©ITIES, an exhibition that map the creativity of Asia-Pacific.